I have finally found the time for the TQT post. Please write your TQTs as a comment to this post.
What sex is this fly?
Considering the class content, let me take a minute to review what you should , in general terms, know by now.
1. Offspring obtain genes from their parents by inheriting chromosomes.
2. Like begets like - sort of.
3. Meiosis; know the stages and what role it plays in life cycles.
4. What meiosis has to do with the origin of genetic variation.
5. Mendel's principles and how they lead to predicting probabilities.
6. Exceptions to simple Mendelian transmission.
7. Mendelian inheritance in humans and pedigree analysis.
8. Genes and chromosomes; TH morgan and his "Fly Lab", Morgan traced a gene to the behavior of a chromosome.
9. Linked genes, how they alter Mendelian expectations, crossing over produces recombinants, and using recombinants to map genes.
10. Chromosomal errors.
That takes us through chapter 15. I am planning to test chapters 13-21 on or around February 27. Get to reading.
The Real Story Behind the California Wildfires - There has been a huge amount of media coverage regarding the tragic northern California fires, documenting the terrible loss of life and billions of dollar...
1 day ago